Question:
Where to visit in the UK in the winter?
2012-12-12 17:09:59 UTC
Me & my boyfriend would love to go somewhere different for a change just for the day. Previous locations we have visited are London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leicester, Kidderminister, Skegness, Blackpool..
Ten answers:
boy boy
2012-12-13 00:35:35 UTC
a trip we made recently was to southport ..great pier ..then down the coast to formby ...brilliant beach and of course gormleys ..another place ...then through the mersey tunnel ...some days stick with you forever
David S
2012-12-13 16:05:29 UTC
If it isn't too wet or cold a day I'd go out into the Peak District National Park, which is close to Derby

and still interesting and beautiful in Winter

www.visitpeakditrict.com
cumbrian traveller
2012-12-13 15:13:43 UTC
The Lake Distrct in my beautiful home county of Cumbria is a fantastic place to visit at any time of year but with the added extra of snow and ice on the mountain tops this time of year offers a little something special.
?
2012-12-13 15:41:35 UTC
Up the M1 turn right down the A64 when you get to Staxton turn right and head for Filey. Park on the north cliff car park and then walk back to the slip way and down on to the beach. Left turn and follow the beach on to The Brigg and head down to the end. If the tides is out as you walk back keep the cliff on your left (urn right) until you come to Emperors pool. Next to that is a ladder which takes you back up on to the top of the cliffs.

Enjoy.
peanut 2
2012-12-13 01:44:18 UTC
In the Winter?

Well just for the day is a bit hard as we dont know where you are coming from.

Weymouth is nice, but its better in the Summer.

Cumbria is quite nice if you're into country walks etc
?
2012-12-13 07:32:27 UTC
As you're from Derby and it's just a day trip try Chatsworth. It has wonderful gift shops too- ideal for some small, interesting Christmas presents:

http://www.chatsworth.org/
2012-12-13 06:29:03 UTC
As a change from the towns, go to the Peak District.
Mr S London (LIII) : MARRIED ❤
2012-12-13 01:17:26 UTC
East Grinstead in West Sussex - longest row of continuous Tudor buildings in England !
MrJonesy1991
2012-12-13 01:13:23 UTC
German market in birmingham
tonics4u2
2012-12-13 14:31:06 UTC
whitehaven cumbria lake district, take a heater with u